How To End Your Year Stress-Free & Ready
While I write this it is FREEZING outside here on Cape Cod. It may get up to a whopping 16 degrees. But I'm not letting this stop me from enjoying the last few days of 2017 and getting ready for a new year!
I know for many of us, 2017 was a challenging year. It was full of ups and downs and fears and courage in all areas of life.
You are not alone.
This time of year can feel overwhelming and exhausting and it can then be hard to find motivation for a new year.
When you begin to think about 2018, how do you want to feel?
Motivated, energized, courageous, calm, inspired, purposeful, strong, peaceful, etc.?
I always think of a word or two to feel in the new year and guess what came up for me?
Gentleness. That is a first!
I am learning to be patient and more gentle with myself and other people. Today I ask you to take a more gentle approach because this will make life feel less stressful and more purposeful.
Here are a few other tips to help you stay stress-free while also getting motivated for a new year:
1. Instead of New Year's Resolutions, write down how you want to feel and what will help you to feel that way. (Tell me in the comments below!)
2. Breathe. Remember my 5-5-7 breath from my last post? Inhale for 5, hold for 5, exhale for 7. Do this for two minutes straight to notice a difference.
3. Don't overdo it. Just because you've been invited to multiple parties or have a lot to clean up, take it easy and take breaks whenever possible. Be gentle with yourself. I know we can be our own worst critic and so hard on ourselves.
4. Do something creative/fun. I know I feel lighter when I play my guitar and sing or dance and also when I spend time with my nephew, which I will be doing this weekend.
5. Spend time with your tribe. Surround yourself with positive people you adore, especially if you've been surrounded by people who drained your energy recently.
6. Pay attention to SIGNS. At church on Christmas Eve, the pastor said to notice signs, and on our way home, a deer crossed our path. Guess what it means when a deer crosses your path? Treat yourself with gentleness. Hmm... Where can you notice signs in your life?
My Feel Less Anxious in the New Year & Beyond guidebook is meant to give you more simple tips to feel less stressed and a chance to answer some pretty important questions before heading into 2018.
This is going to help you find a sense of peace and also boost your energy for the new year.
What are you waiting for? Download it (and print) now at www.shaynamahoney.com/guide